Bible Text: “15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16: 15-16
· A critical spirit is not of God.
· Definitions of Feedback –
o Information about reactions to a product
o A person’s performance of a task, etc.
o Used as a basis for improvement
o A reaction or response to a particular process or activity
· Definition of Criticism –
o The act of passing judgement, faultfinding, as to the merits of anything
o The act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a thing
· Constructive feedback is information-specific, issue-focused, and based on observations
· “You did a good job… ‘but’…”
o Constructive criticism is meant to help you to improve
· James 1:2-4 – “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing”
· Ephesians 4:15 – “but, speak the truth in love…”
o Feedback provides evaluation and better understanding of what and where people are in relation to the subject matter.
o It is targeted and specific to a concentrated area
o It can be used as a teachable moment (as in the case of Christ)
· Matthew 16:13-16
o Who is Jesus to you? What does He mean and represent in your life?
o Vs. 16 – “Simon Peter answered and said, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’”
o We need to come to a place of understanding about who Jesus is to us. What does being born again mean for us?
o Peter’s confession reveals that he is solid (as a rock). He recognizes Christ as the Son of the living God.
The church is not built on (St.) Peter, like some may believe, but rather on the Word of God. These words (The Word of God) are spirit and they are life.
· Matthew 16:19-20 – “And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
· Many Christians don’t know or understand the authority they have through Christ Jesus. Instead, they allow the enemy to take advantage of them and keep them under subjection.
· Constructive criticism is a balance of positive and negative feedback. Unlike critique, which is just negative feedback
· Nehemiah 4:1 –
· Accepting Criticism
o Don’t take it personally
o Stay focused and keep keeping on
o Keep Praying